In the Family to have Middle East premiere in Qatar
Northwestern University in Qatar will host the Middle East premiere of the Emmy-nominated documentary In the Family on March 16th at 9pm. Director/Producer Joanna Rudnick will attend the screening. NU-Q students will also screen their own mini-documentary, which has been submitted to the Al Jazeera Documentary Film Festival competition, as part of the event.
The breakthrough screening marks yet another remarkable achievement for the 2008 film, which also continues to screen across the US and is regularly being used as a focal point for opening up discussions about genetic patenting and cancer awareness. The New York Law School will host a screening of the film and a panel discussion on February 22nd, and Yale Law School recently hosted a similar event on February 11th.
Rudnick will be in Qatar as part of a month-long trip she is undertaking to film the work of photographer Rick Guidotti's Positive Exposure project in addressing the treatment of Albinism in Africa and the Middle East for her next film, On Beauty. The film's crew - Rudnick, Guidotti, Dana Kupper and John Mathie - leave for Kenya on Saturday to begin filming. To support the project, click here.
Join the Discussion
Visit our forums to share your opinions about the film or to discuss how BRCA and genetic testing have touched your life of the life of someone you know.
Active forum topics
- FORCE NYC hosts "Viewing BRCA", a special In the Family screening
- Joanna Rudnick on "BRCA-Mommy-Hood"
- Martha Haley's "How"
- Joanna Rudnick to speak at LA FORCE screening
- In the Family in Seattle and Canada
- The personal impact of In The Family
- Joanna Rudnick heralds "landmark victory" in ACLU/Myriad gene patenting case
- Judge rules in favor of ACLU in Myriad Genetic case
- In the Family screening reaches bilingual audience
- Better Boys Foundation to screen In the Family in Chicago