In the Family in Seattle and Canada
Kartemquin's 2008 documentary In the Family has some exciting new screenings coming up, most notably its Canadian television premiere and an appearance at the Seattle Jewish Film Festival.
In a very special screening, Joanna Rudnick will be attending the Seattle premiere of In the Family at 1pm on March 20th at the Jewish Film Festival, as will two-time breast cancer survivor Julie Hanke and her daughter Corrin, who both appear in the film. Joanne Silberner, an NPR health correspondent and journalism professor at the University of Washington, will moderate a discussion after the screening. Tickets went on sale today: get them here!
The Canadian broadcast is on TVO, Ontario's public television station, on March 1st at 9pm. More details here.
Join the Discussion
Visit our forums to share your opinions about the film or to discuss how BRCA and genetic testing have touched your life of the life of someone you know.
Active forum topics
- FORCE NYC hosts "Viewing BRCA", a special In the Family screening
- Joanna Rudnick on "BRCA-Mommy-Hood"
- Martha Haley's "How"
- Joanna Rudnick to speak at LA FORCE screening
- In the Family in Seattle and Canada
- The personal impact of In The Family
- Joanna Rudnick heralds "landmark victory" in ACLU/Myriad gene patenting case
- Judge rules in favor of ACLU in Myriad Genetic case
- In the Family screening reaches bilingual audience
- Better Boys Foundation to screen In the Family in Chicago