Judge rules in favor of ACLU in Myriad Genetic case
A U.S. District judge has ruled in favor of the ACLU in their lawsuit against Myriad Genetics today, stating that it's patents for the BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene-test “are directed to a law of nature and were therefore improperly granted.”
This is a great victory for all who were involved in Kartemquin's documentary In the Family, which documented filmmaker Joanna Rudnick's investigation of the patenting issue after her own discovery that she carried the BRCA gene.
Join the Discussion
Visit our forums to share your opinions about the film or to discuss how BRCA and genetic testing have touched your life of the life of someone you know.
Active forum topics
- FORCE NYC hosts "Viewing BRCA", a special In the Family screening
- Joanna Rudnick on "BRCA-Mommy-Hood"
- Martha Haley's "How"
- Joanna Rudnick to speak at LA FORCE screening
- In the Family in Seattle and Canada
- The personal impact of In The Family
- Joanna Rudnick heralds "landmark victory" in ACLU/Myriad gene patenting case
- Judge rules in favor of ACLU in Myriad Genetic case
- In the Family screening reaches bilingual audience
- Better Boys Foundation to screen In the Family in Chicago