TAKE THE PLEDGE
Okay, so you saw In The Family, and you're thinking - now what? Well, it's simple: the first step to empowering yourself and your family, is to talk with them about your family health history.
SIGN OUR PLEDGE TO SPEAK WITH YOUR FAMILY ABOUT YOUR HEALTH HISTORY.
Leave a note or your name below showing the world that you are going to end the silence surrounding this important issue and speak with your family and friends about your health history.
There are many tools available to aid your discussion with your family, make a family health history tree, and then discuss your findings with your doctor or health care worker. Here are some of our favorites (leave your favorite below also!):
My family health portrait by the US Surgeon General
Family Health History Toolkit by Genetic Alliance
Printable Family Health History Pedigree sheet by the Chicago Center for Jewish Genetic Disorders
MyGenerations Online Family Tree Builder by Northshore University Healthcare
Create your family tree tool by My Family Health
Family History: Resources and Tools (a listing of tools to help you take your family health history) by Center for Disease Control
Join the Discussion
Visit our forums to share your opinions about the film or to discuss how BRCA and genetic testing have touched your life of the life of someone you know.
Active forum topics
- FORCE NYC hosts "Viewing BRCA", a special In the Family screening
- Joanna Rudnick on "BRCA-Mommy-Hood"
- Martha Haley's "How"
- Joanna Rudnick to speak at LA FORCE screening
- In the Family in Seattle and Canada
- The personal impact of In The Family
- Joanna Rudnick heralds "landmark victory" in ACLU/Myriad gene patenting case
- Judge rules in favor of ACLU in Myriad Genetic case
- In the Family screening reaches bilingual audience
- Better Boys Foundation to screen In the Family in Chicago