Cardozo School of Law Screening
Join the Intellectual Property Program and filmmaker Joanna Rudnick at Cardozo as she hosts a screening of her Emmy-nominated documentary film, In the Family, which follows her journey through the unpredictable world of predictive genetic testing. After the screening, Cardozo will host a panel discussion on gene patents, their impact on access to genetic testing, and the pending ACLU/PUBPAT lawsuit challenging the patents on the breast cancer genes. Reception to follow.
This event is a collaboration with P.O.V. and is cosponsored by the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, the Center for Ethics at Yeshiva University, the Public Patent Foundation (PUBPAT), and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).
Join the Discussion
Visit our forums to share your opinions about the film or to discuss how BRCA and genetic testing have touched your life of the life of someone you know.
Active forum topics
- FORCE NYC hosts "Viewing BRCA", a special In the Family screening
- Joanna Rudnick on "BRCA-Mommy-Hood"
- Martha Haley's "How"
- Joanna Rudnick to speak at LA FORCE screening
- In the Family in Seattle and Canada
- The personal impact of In The Family
- Joanna Rudnick heralds "landmark victory" in ACLU/Myriad gene patenting case
- Judge rules in favor of ACLU in Myriad Genetic case
- In the Family screening reaches bilingual audience
- Better Boys Foundation to screen In the Family in Chicago